I haven't posted in a while. I felt too stressed. But, this weekend Cesar didn't have to go to work from Friday evening til tomorrow morning. Wow. What a difference it makes to have a husband around. I can't wait until residency is over. Just four and a half months. We also got to go with my dad's family up to Snowbird today. Didn't ski 'cause that's too expensive but we visited and took the kids to the outdoor pool that was 94 degrees while it was snowing on top of our heads. Isaac was throwing snow at people and then getting it back from Jason. I was so much more relaxed having my husband around to help me. Yes. So Cesar has been offered a job as a hospitalist in internal medicine at a brand new hospital in Riverton Utah and as soon as he has time he will sign the contract. He was going to spend today doing important stuff like that but then he decided to spend some time with the family and now still has important stuff to do he says about a weeks worth. O boy.
My grandma's 83rd birthday was on Friday. She has made a quilt for each of her grandchildren when they were babies and then again when they get married so I had the idea to make her a quilt from the grandchildren but then I felt like I had too many other things to do to be in charge of that. A few weeks ago while sitting in Relief Society with my grandma in Wallsburg I felt I should do it and do it now. So I asked my Aunt Denice to help me. She designed a simple pattern and last Friday we went and bought the material. I spent most of the night cutting the squares. Today I got 14 of the 33 cousins to personalize their square. The other cousins should have their squares by the end of this week and I hope to have them all back by the first week in March. When the spirit tells you to do something--JUST DO IT! That is what I've learned over the years and then the help to be able to do it comes as you do what you're told to do. I'm so glad to be working on this quilt for my grandma. She has done so much for me over the years and I know she will appreciate this gift.
2 comments:
Congratulations on the job! Glad you all had a weekend together.
I am excited for the quilt. I should have my piece done this week to send it back to you. You are such a trooper.
Post a Comment