I'm so thankful for all my blessings. I'm thankful for my wonderful family and great friends. We forgot to take the camera to the Thanksgiving dinner so you get a letter instead :). I guess just getting the mashed potatoes there was enough. Thanks to Cesar, the mashed potatoes were the most delicious I've ever had. He put bacon bits and cooked sweet onions in.
I feel so blessed and know that I am blessed. I know that God answers prayers. I know He loves me. I know He knows each one of us and wants us to come unto Him. God is a God of miracles.
We are coming on hard economic times. I think if we all help each other and work together we'll make it through.
Today I went shopping for the first time in my life on "Black Friday." I couldn't believe the line and the parking lot at Target at 10 minutes to 6 am (when they opened). As I was leaving, a news guy was interviewing a group of girls about their shopping and how they had started shopping at midnight at the Southe Town mall. He said something like and, "Who are you shopping for?" and they responded in unison, "Ourselves" with big smiles. Then they did a little dance. I've been thinking about that all day. Then I read in the news how people trampled a Walmart employee who opened the store in New York City. I think we could use some hard times to humble us. We are way too self centered. I myself bought stuff for myself today. I need to look outward more.
I love getting together with my father's extended family. There is sooo much good there. Before everybody finished eating the big meal, my grandma read a letter from her sister who is on a public affairs mission in Romania and how amazingly they're accomplishing good. Then my grandma asked for a short report about the three grandchildren missionaries we have out right now who are in, Guatemala, South Africa, and Korea. Isn't that amazing?
On the way over to the dinner Cesar bought himself another violin so he can practice and play with Isaac. Miracle # too high to count. (How we get things that function for about not very much.) I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am thankful to God for you. Because, if you're reading this, you are my friend and I love you. God Bless You Yolanda :)
Friday, November 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Tell Cesar I expect to hear a violin duet on Christmas. I love how Grandma and Grandpa place such a high importance on missionary work. It is a great focus for the family and we are constantly reminded of those in the family that are out serving. What a great family.
Yolanda, I haven't blogged for a while and it was so fun to come and read this post. I just wanted to tell you that I love you!!! I'm so grateful for your friendship and the many things you've taught me by your example. You are amazing! And how funny...I learn new things about Cesar all the time!
Post a Comment