Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hyrum the Runner

For Hyrum's 9th Birthday he asked to run a 5k. We found one called "Live Your Dream" down in Provo. Hyrum came in 5th out of 100. It was sooo cool. My family went and cheered us on. Cesar was working so he couldn't be there but along the way were people in my family. It really helped me when I saw my dad and his big smile. I just ran on that smile for about half mile then I passed the halfway mark and was getting tired and feeling like slowing down and there was Tiana to cheer me on. I picked up my heart and my feet and her being there helped move me past the difficult part. This is kind of how life is. People come help us just when you want to slow down and give up. I love running. Other runners also say positive things. Keep it up, Hyrum.

2 comments:

Amy said...

It is great to have people cheer us on in our running and our life.

J said...

Go Hyrum. We wish we could have been there to cheer you on. I will never forget how awesome he was in the reunion 5K. All the Vance kids say, "Way to go cousin!!" We love you guys.